Shaikh Zayed Medical Complex was established as Shaikh Zayed Federal Postgraduate Medical Institute and Shaikh Zayed Hospital in 1986, followed by new components developing over the years as Shikha Fatima Institute of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences, National Health Research Center, National Institute of Kidney Diseases and finally the medical college, Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan Medical and Dental College in 2009. A long journey of excellence, still thriving for the highest standards of multi-disciplinary teaching and training of students at all levels and a best quality, comprehensive patient care in all specialties and sub-specialties at Shaikh Zayed Medical Complex.
Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan Medical & Dental College
- College is listed in World Directory Of Medical Schools. https://search.wdoms.org/home/SchoolDetail/F0002567
- Recognized by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC)
- Affiliated with University of Health Sciences from 2016 till date
- Previous affiliation was with University of The Punjab Lahore, from 2009 till 2015
Providing competence, quality, excellence and innovation in undergraduate medical education
Promote and facilitate competency-based, integrated, quality medical education through motivational, student-friendly environment focused on problem solving and research skills based on sound scientific and ethical grounds
SKZMDC had an MOU signed with George Washington University, USA offering different programs for our students in the year 2016-17. These included;
- Clinical Electives Program at GW
- Summer Research and Medical Enrichment Program at GW
- Observership Program at GW
- Medical Research Fellowship Program (Non-Residency Track) at GW
Currently our students are getting electives and residencies in renowned medical universities and hospitals worldwide.